Yes, we do. Our company will work with any environment you have (Mac, Windows Linux) Every client has a preferred platform and sometimes a mixed environment. We will work/ support all of them based on your needs.
Backup technology has changed drastically in the past 10 years. We create and accumulate more data than ever. Cloud backup is safe and a great solution as part of your backup strategy. Depending on your business needs and regulatory environment, cloud backup is one aspect of the backup.
Managed IT Services is the practice of outsourcing day-to-day IT management and support responsibilities. This is a strategic method for improving your business operations.
Managed IT Services is a proactive approach to handling your IT needs. You may opt to have the provider handle a fraction of your IT needs (e.g. security/firewall management). You may opt to outsource all IT to make sure your employees are efficient and not interrupted by IT problems. An IT managed service company takes responsibility for your IT services for a fixed fee.
Yes and No. depending on your business size, industry, requirements, and more.
Having your own IT department is very expensive. These days even companies with hundred of employees turn to MS for cost-saving.
You get all the expertise with one company at a fixed price. (Big bonus, Managed IT Services is considered 100% wright off contrary to salaries*)
Not exactly. each provider has a different level of service agreement. Some are industry-specific.
We believe we need to align ourselves with the client’s goals to make it work. Different standards best practices and a good service agreement with help make this connection smooth for both sides.
Yes, in the last 4 years BEC (Business email compromise) accounted for 90% of business attacks.
As the scammers get better, we get better at discovering them and preventing them.
Employee training is a big part of the fight
On-going employee training will help them underhand the current risk and be more vigilant in identifying them and avoid them
Statistic show that companies that run on-going cybersecurity training cutting their hit rate from the mid 40% to the low 20%
I ALREADY HAVE INTERNAL IT. I HAVE A COMPUTER GUY. NOW WHAT? As an MSP we become an extension of your local IT. We can help with advanced expertise
Higher supervision on the company IT. The MSP can also provide the following:
- Assign projects
If you relate to four or more of these categories, managed services will benefit you:
- You just want it all to work!
- You did not choose your career to monkey with IT issues.
- You understand what it costs your company for you to not focus on your top priorities.
- You do not want to be in the IT business.
- You do not want to deal with IT.
- You’re frustrated trying to get techies to understand what you need.
- You realize the hourly cost of downtime and business interruption costs more than a technician’s hourly rate.
- You’ve had it with trying to manage depreciating assets.
- You manage a business, not an IT department.
- You realize that like death and taxes, technology is unavoidable.
- You never want to deal with technology vendors blaming each other while you pay their bills.
- You put-up with IT support issues because you do not want the trouble of changing to another support provider.
You control the IT costs by your pain threshold. You only pay when the pain is unbearable.
You have no real financial commitment.
Not everyone is a good candidate. We love working with people that appreciate our work and see the value we provide.
- “So, what if the server is five years old. It’s still running, right? Why upgrade?”
- “We can handle these problems in our IT network for now. We’ll deal with it when it crashes.”
- “I don’t know our business performance or how to measure it. Big deal.”
- “What’s the “work-around” to this problem? Where is the duct tape?”
- “I don’t care how the employees use business resources during business hours.”
- “Those IT problems aren’t that bad… we’ll just work harder, longer, and hire more people.”
- “I know how to solve the issue, worst case we can call for help”
Ransomware is one of the most pervasive risks to businesses today.
Ransomware is malicious software that takes hold of all your data (local and networked) and encrypts it with bank-level encryption. In return for the decryption key, your business needs to pay ransom money.
- 61% of SMB business goes under in 6 months from the first attack
- Around 400 new variants are developed every month
- The FBI estimate over $3 Billion has been paid in ransomware The ransom can be small or very high, the main damage is the reconstruction of your infrastructure that can take weeks in some case, causing massive losses in business and revenue
Yes, HIPAA mandate specifies ways to protect your clients and your data
Depending on your industry and size, different measures are needed
It is part of a strategy to protect your business even in case your business location gets hit by lighting or goes on fire.
The ability to recover fast in case of a disastrous event